Children taken to hospital after Bethnal Green flat fire
- Credit: London Fire Brigade
Two children were taken to hospital after a flat fire in Bethnal Green.
A woman was also treated for smoke inhalation by ambulance crews at the scene in Three Colts Lane yesterday afternoon (Thursday, August 5).
She and the children had left the second-floor flat, which was partly damaged by the blaze, before fire crews arrived.
London Fire Brigade (LFB) was called shortly before 3pm and had the fire under control about an hour later.
LFB says the cause of the fire will be investigated.
You may also want to watch:
Five fire engines and 35 crew members from the Bethnal Green, Shadwell, Homerton, Poplar and Dowgate stations were at the scene.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 'Utterly horrific': Tower Hamlets MPs react to Sir David Amess stabbing
- 7 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 8 £18,000 awarded to Bethnal Green church to bring loo up to scratch
- 9 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 10 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries