Three drug runners guilty of addict’s Whitechapel street murder
THREE drug runners have been convicted of murdering 24-year-old addict Sami Berjaoui in the street after he accused them of ripping him off. Sami was beaten to death in a cul-de-sac in London’s East End after the confrontation
THREE drug runners have been convicted of murdering 24-year-old addict Sami Berjaoui in the street after he accused them of ripping him off.
Sami was beaten to death in a cul-de-sac in London’s East End in September after a confrontation with Nahid Ahed, 20, Abu Tahir, 19, and a 17-year-old.
The three dealers were found guilty of murder yesterday by an the Old Bailey jury.
They had refused to give Sami money back from an earlier drugs deal. So Sami sat in front of their BMW and banged on the bonnet with a metal bicycle lock.
You may also want to watch:
The three got out and attacked him with weapons including his own bike lock and battered him to the ground.
Police were called by neighbours who had been woken by the fight at 6.30am on September 21 to Moss Close off Old Montague Street in Whitechapel, where they discovered Sami with head injuries.
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 9 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
Sami was taken to the Royal London Hospital nearby, but died half-an-hour later.
Ahed, from Ajax House in Old Bethnal Green Road, Bethnal Green, the 17-year-old from Whitechapel and Tahir from Romford Road in Forest Gate are being sentenced next month, following the three-week trial.