Three held after armed cops find loaded firearm
THREE men have been arrested by armed police who discovered what’s thought to be a loaded snubnose revolver after being tailed from East London. Their car was followed from Walthamstow and stopped in Tottenham by detectives from the Met's Organised Crime Command
THREE men have been arrested by armed police who discovered what's thought to be a loaded snubnose revolver (pictured) after being tailed from East London.
The men, all in their 20s, were seen leaving a massage parlour in Walthamstow and getting into a car.
Detectives from the Met Police Serious & Organised Crime Command followed the car towards Tottenham where specialist firearms officers swooped in Ferry Lane, near Tottenham Hale Underground station, carrying out a 'controlled armed stop.'
One of the passengers, a 24-year-old, was seen throwing a bag from the car window during the stop, said police.
You may also want to watch:
Officers searching the vehicle, passengers and surrounding area found bag containing a loaded firearm, Scotland Yard confirmed last night.
This has been sent for forensic testing, but is believed to be a Brocock snubnose revolver.
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 3 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 4 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 5 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 6 Hundreds of boilers break down in the East End during pandemic
- 7 Fast broadband deal is signed for thousands of East End homes
- 8 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 9 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 10 England captain Harry Kane renews his shirt sponsorship with Leyton Orient
Two of the men arrested were also found to be wearing bulletproof vests.
The three men, all described as Turkish, were being held last night on suspicion of possessing a loaded firearm with intent to endanger life. No charges had been made.