Three held after armed cops find loaded firearm
THREE men have been arrested by armed police who discovered what’s thought to be a loaded snubnose revolver after being tailed from East London. Their car was followed from Walthamstow and stopped in Tottenham by detectives from the Met's Organised Crime Command
THREE men have been arrested by armed police who discovered what's thought to be a loaded snubnose revolver (pictured) after being tailed from East London.
The men, all in their 20s, were seen leaving a massage parlour in Walthamstow and getting into a car.
Detectives from the Met Police Serious & Organised Crime Command followed the car towards Tottenham where specialist firearms officers swooped in Ferry Lane, near Tottenham Hale Underground station, carrying out a 'controlled armed stop.'
One of the passengers, a 24-year-old, was seen throwing a bag from the car window during the stop, said police.
Officers searching the vehicle, passengers and surrounding area found bag containing a loaded firearm, Scotland Yard confirmed last night.
This has been sent for forensic testing, but is believed to be a Brocock snubnose revolver.
- 1 Police looking for missing man last seen leaving hospital
- 2 Appeal: CCTV image released after mosque attacked with bottles
- 3 West Ham's Kurt Zouma admits to kicking and slapping his cat
- 4 VOTE: Which east London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 5 Whitechapel dessert shop fined over £5,000 for dumping waste
- 6 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 7 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 8 5 of the best things to do with kids in east London
- 9 Elizabeth Line opens: Londoners enjoy first day of service
- 10 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
Two of the men arrested were also found to be wearing bulletproof vests.
The three men, all described as Turkish, were being held last night on suspicion of possessing a loaded firearm with intent to endanger life. No charges had been made.