Three held after armed cops find loaded firearm
THREE men have been arrested by armed police who discovered what’s thought to be a loaded snubnose revolver after being tailed from East London. Their car was followed from Walthamstow and stopped in Tottenham by detectives from the Met's Organised Crime Command
THREE men have been arrested by armed police who discovered what's thought to be a loaded snubnose revolver (pictured) after being tailed from East London.
The men, all in their 20s, were seen leaving a massage parlour in Walthamstow and getting into a car.
Detectives from the Met Police Serious & Organised Crime Command followed the car towards Tottenham where specialist firearms officers swooped in Ferry Lane, near Tottenham Hale Underground station, carrying out a 'controlled armed stop.'
One of the passengers, a 24-year-old, was seen throwing a bag from the car window during the stop, said police.
You may also want to watch:
Officers searching the vehicle, passengers and surrounding area found bag containing a loaded firearm, Scotland Yard confirmed last night.
This has been sent for forensic testing, but is believed to be a Brocock snubnose revolver.
- 1 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 2 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 5 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 9 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 10 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
Two of the men arrested were also found to be wearing bulletproof vests.
The three men, all described as Turkish, were being held last night on suspicion of possessing a loaded firearm with intent to endanger life. No charges had been made.