Three held after armed cops find loaded firearm
THREE men have been arrested by armed police who discovered what’s thought to be a loaded snubnose revolver after being tailed from East London. Their car was followed from Walthamstow and stopped in Tottenham by detectives from the Met's Organised Crime Command
THREE men have been arrested by armed police who discovered what's thought to be a loaded snubnose revolver (pictured) after being tailed from East London.
The men, all in their 20s, were seen leaving a massage parlour in Walthamstow and getting into a car.
Detectives from the Met Police Serious & Organised Crime Command followed the car towards Tottenham where specialist firearms officers swooped in Ferry Lane, near Tottenham Hale Underground station, carrying out a 'controlled armed stop.'
One of the passengers, a 24-year-old, was seen throwing a bag from the car window during the stop, said police.
You may also want to watch:
Officers searching the vehicle, passengers and surrounding area found bag containing a loaded firearm, Scotland Yard confirmed last night.
This has been sent for forensic testing, but is believed to be a Brocock snubnose revolver.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
Two of the men arrested were also found to be wearing bulletproof vests.
The three men, all described as Turkish, were being held last night on suspicion of possessing a loaded firearm with intent to endanger life. No charges had been made.