Three in court charges with Steven’s murder in street
THREE teenagers were due in court today accused of the murder of 15-year-old Steven Lewis in East London. The youths, two aged 16 and one 17, have been charged following a street attack in Plaistow in which police found Steven stabbed in the chest on January 24
THREE teenagers were due in court today (Friday) accused of the murder of 15-year-old Steven Lewis in East London.
The youths, two aged 16 and one 17, have been charged following a street attack in Plaistow in which police found Steven stabbed in the chest on January 24.
A patrol arrived in Whitwell Road at 10.45 that evening and saw a large group of youths who fled when they saw the officers.
Steven was taken to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, but died at hour later from a single stab wound.
Police are still appealing for witnesses and information about what happened, or anyone who had been to a party earlier at St Cedd’s Hall.
Det Ins Steve Clayman said: “A large number of youngsters witnessed the attack and we urge them to get in touch as they might have vital information, especially if they were among the group of youths who ran when police arrived.”
- 1 Guilty: Man murdered woman at bus stop and tried to kill another a day later
- 2 Archie Battersbee case to be reconsidered in High Court
- 3 £28k worth of illegal tobacco seized from containers and shops during raids
- 4 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 5 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 6 Arrest of 'Ilford kingpin' sparked ‘biggest ever' Channel crossings crack down
- 7 Bethnal Green officers sacked over 'abhorrent and discriminatory' messages
- 8 1888 Match Girls’ Strike marked with blue plaque in east London
- 9 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 10 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
Witnesses or anyone with information is being urged to call the incident room on 020-8345 3775 or Crimestoppers to remain anonymous on 0800-555111.