Three in court charges with Steven’s murder in street
THREE teenagers were due in court today accused of the murder of 15-year-old Steven Lewis in East London. The youths, two aged 16 and one 17, have been charged following a street attack in Plaistow in which police found Steven stabbed in the chest on January 24
THREE teenagers were due in court today (Friday) accused of the murder of 15-year-old Steven Lewis in East London.
The youths, two aged 16 and one 17, have been charged following a street attack in Plaistow in which police found Steven stabbed in the chest on January 24.
A patrol arrived in Whitwell Road at 10.45 that evening and saw a large group of youths who fled when they saw the officers.
Steven was taken to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, but died at hour later from a single stab wound.
You may also want to watch:
Police are still appealing for witnesses and information about what happened, or anyone who had been to a party earlier at St Cedd’s Hall.
Det Ins Steve Clayman said: “A large number of youngsters witnessed the attack and we urge them to get in touch as they might have vital information, especially if they were among the group of youths who ran when police arrived.”
- 1 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 2 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 7 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 8 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 9 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 10 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
Witnesses or anyone with information is being urged to call the incident room on 020-8345 3775 or Crimestoppers to remain anonymous on 0800-555111.