Three in court charges with Steven’s murder in street
THREE teenagers were due in court today accused of the murder of 15-year-old Steven Lewis in East London. The youths, two aged 16 and one 17, have been charged following a street attack in Plaistow in which police found Steven stabbed in the chest on January 24
THREE teenagers were due in court today (Friday) accused of the murder of 15-year-old Steven Lewis in East London.
The youths, two aged 16 and one 17, have been charged following a street attack in Plaistow in which police found Steven stabbed in the chest on January 24.
A patrol arrived in Whitwell Road at 10.45 that evening and saw a large group of youths who fled when they saw the officers.
Steven was taken to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, but died at hour later from a single stab wound.
You may also want to watch:
Police are still appealing for witnesses and information about what happened, or anyone who had been to a party earlier at St Cedd’s Hall.
Det Ins Steve Clayman said: “A large number of youngsters witnessed the attack and we urge them to get in touch as they might have vital information, especially if they were among the group of youths who ran when police arrived.”
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
Witnesses or anyone with information is being urged to call the incident room on 020-8345 3775 or Crimestoppers to remain anonymous on 0800-555111.