Three in court charges with Steven’s murder in street
THREE teenagers were due in court today accused of the murder of 15-year-old Steven Lewis in East London. The youths, two aged 16 and one 17, have been charged following a street attack in Plaistow in which police found Steven stabbed in the chest on January 24
THREE teenagers were due in court today (Friday) accused of the murder of 15-year-old Steven Lewis in East London.
The youths, two aged 16 and one 17, have been charged following a street attack in Plaistow in which police found Steven stabbed in the chest on January 24.
A patrol arrived in Whitwell Road at 10.45 that evening and saw a large group of youths who fled when they saw the officers.
Steven was taken to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, but died at hour later from a single stab wound.
You may also want to watch:
Police are still appealing for witnesses and information about what happened, or anyone who had been to a party earlier at St Cedd’s Hall.
Det Ins Steve Clayman said: “A large number of youngsters witnessed the attack and we urge them to get in touch as they might have vital information, especially if they were among the group of youths who ran when police arrived.”
- 1 Tower Hamlets youth worker on lack of funding for vital services
- 2 Unmesh Desai: 'Councillor's sudden death leaves huge void'
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Potential strike action could hit Tower Hamlets Council services
- 5 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 6 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 7 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 8 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 9 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 10 Rabina Khan: What we must do five years on from Brexit referendum
Witnesses or anyone with information is being urged to call the incident room on 020-8345 3775 or Crimestoppers to remain anonymous on 0800-555111.