Three in court charges with Steven’s murder in street
THREE teenagers were due in court today accused of the murder of 15-year-old Steven Lewis in East London. The youths, two aged 16 and one 17, have been charged following a street attack in Plaistow in which police found Steven stabbed in the chest on January 24
THREE teenagers were due in court today (Friday) accused of the murder of 15-year-old Steven Lewis in East London.
The youths, two aged 16 and one 17, have been charged following a street attack in Plaistow in which police found Steven stabbed in the chest on January 24.
A patrol arrived in Whitwell Road at 10.45 that evening and saw a large group of youths who fled when they saw the officers.
Steven was taken to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, but died at hour later from a single stab wound.
Police are still appealing for witnesses and information about what happened, or anyone who had been to a party earlier at St Cedd’s Hall.
Det Ins Steve Clayman said: “A large number of youngsters witnessed the attack and we urge them to get in touch as they might have vital information, especially if they were among the group of youths who ran when police arrived.”
- 1 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 2 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 3 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 5 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 6 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 7 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 8 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 9 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 10 ‘Manhattanisation’ of Isle of Dogs concerns residents
Witnesses or anyone with information is being urged to call the incident room on 020-8345 3775 or Crimestoppers to remain anonymous on 0800-555111.