Tickets go on sale for re-opening of Olympic Park’s ArcelorMittal Orbit
- Credit: Archant
Tickets have gone on sale offering the public a thrilling stellar view atop the Olympic Park’s ArcelorMittal Orbit ahead of it re-opening on April 5.
The eye-catching twisted red steel metal structure soars to 114 metres or 376 feet and is Britain’s tallest public sculpture.
From its dizzying heights, visitors can experience sensational breath-taking panoramic views.
From two spacious viewing platforms at 76 metres (249 ft) and 80 metres (262 ft) visitors can take in a 360 degree of the Park as well as see 20 miles across London to the City to the west, Crystal Palace to the south and Alexandra Palace to the north.
The sensational views include iconic buildings such as The Shard, Big Ben, The Gherkin, St Paul’s, Canary Wharf and Wembley Stadium, plus unrivalled views of the Olympic Park’s’ sporting venues including the Stadium, Copper Box Arena, Aquatics Centre and Lee Valley VeloPark.
“The capital’s newest visitor attraction offers a totally new perspective of London and unequalled views of its newest must-see destination, the Olympic Park,” said spokeswoman, Victoria Coombes.
The viewing galleries are accessed by two high speed lifts. After leisurely taking in the views, visitors are encouraged to walk down the 455 steps which spiral around the central column so they fully experience the constantly changing perspectives from every angle. The ArcelorMittal Orbit has full wheelchair access.
- 1 Archie Battersbee dies: Hospital staff showed 'extraordinary compassion'
- 2 Investigation under way after fire and explosion at Shoreditch block
- 3 Canary Wharf Underground station stabbing leaves man in hospital
- 4 Ongoing gas leak after fire and explosion in Shoreditch
- 5 Leyton Orient 'don't really need' Forest Green Rovers cup tie says Wellens
- 6 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 7 'Ruthless' killer sentenced for Isle of Dogs murder
- 8 Teenager, 17, arrested after car crashes into Bow apartment building
- 9 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 10 We need a couple of bodies says Leyton Orient boss Wellens
Newly-installed and innovative digital telescopes enable guests to get a close up view.
The distinctive Anish Kapoor designed concave mirrors will also be fun for all the family as they flip perspectives and turn the horizon on its head.
The ArcelorMittal Orbit is located in the south of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, which will also re-opens on April 5..
Visitors to the Park can enjoy beautiful parklands and waterways, world-class sporting venues, arts and events. At the base of the tower, the brand new EastTwenty Bar & Kitchen is open daily serving hot drinks, cakes, pastries, light lunches and snacks.
Open daily 10am – 6pm (last entry 5pm). Tickets: children £7, adults £15, family £40 (two adults/two children) and concessions £12. Local residents enjoy £2 off standard ticket price*. Tickets available by telephone - 0333 800 8099 - or online www.arcelormittalorbit.com