‘Tiger’ found in Docklands hotel room
A BENGAL kitten called Tiger was one of the most bizarre possessions hotel guests left behind on checkout last year.
The mewing moggy was found in a room at the Docklands Travelodge hotel in Coriander Avenue, off East India Dock Road last year.
A life-size Dalek, a Superintendent’s ID Badge, a set of gold dentures worth �6,500, a three seat antique rocking horse and Decree Absolute papers were also left in rooms in Travelodge’s 460 hotels around the country.
With more than nine million people annually staying with Travelodge each year, some of the booty left behind also includes: keys to a Rolls-Royce Phantom, a diamond encrusted Rolex watch and a Hermes handbag worth �8,000.
In Kendal a bridegroom was left tied up to the bed by his friends on the eve of his wedding as a joke. No one remembered to untie him on the morning of his wedding which had to be postponed for a couple of hours so that the groom could be found.
You may also want to watch:
Jon Hendry-Pickup, Travelodge Operations Director said; “Each year our lost and found departments provide plenty of revelations. From keys to a Rolls-Royce to a life size Dalek, our customers’ left behinds demonstrate what a broad a cross-section of people stay in our 460 hotels.
“The 2010 left behind inventory report also demonstrated that we are truly living in a digital world as we have seen a huge rise in Apple and Android devices and accessories being left behind in our hotels. The most popular items being left behind are iPhones, iTouches, android phones and e-readers.”
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 3 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 4 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 7 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 8 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park