Tony Cottee Column: A point against Arsenal will be a bonus for West Ham
A POINT against high-flying Arsenal will be a huge bonus for West Ham. If offered a 0-0 now, most Hammers fans would bite your hand off.
They are an extremely good side playing some great football at the moment and if the hosts don’t perform, the Gunners have the potential to score a hatful of goals.
The Hammers should watch the tape of how they played at the Emirates earlier in the season and try to replicate that showing this weekend.
We must defend well because Arsenal are so impressive going forward and if we take the game to the visitors, their ability on the counter attack could give us problems.
Cesc Fabregas is the player who makes things happen for the Gunners and someone with a huge amount of talent, while Theo Walcott and SamirNasri are also match winners.
You may also want to watch:
The problem West Ham have is if they manage to stop two or three players from playing there is always a Robin van Persie there to hurt you.
It doesn’t mean they are not vulnerable and I am still not convinced by goalkeeper Lukas Fabianski while there are also question marks about the two centre halfs.
- 1 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 4 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 5 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 6 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 7 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 8 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 9 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 10 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
We should play Carlton Cole up front with Zavon Hines.
Cole will be a big physical threat and will be good at holding the ball up, while the pace of Hines could cause problems for our north London neighbours.
For live updates and a report on the final whistle from West ham v Arsenal follow us on twitter at www.twitter.com/ela_hammers