Tony Cottee column: Forest have some solid performers
West Ham must guard against complacency
UNFORTUNATELY because of the way fixtures have panned out, a win over Nottingham Forest this Sunday in the FA Cup is not a priority.
Coming off the back of a cup semi-final against Birmingham and with a trip to Blackpool to come next Wednesday it is likely a lot of fringe players will be taking to the pitch at Upton Park.
It means there is potential for an upset, but I am sure those who come in will be desperate to impress Avram Grant so will give their all and if that happens West Ham should win.
We played an under strength side against Manchester United in the Carling Cup earlier in the season and even then everybody thought we were on a hiding to nothing and just look to see how that turned out.
Nottingham Forest are on a fantastic run at the moment and their good form has propelled them into the play-offs. On Sunday they will be a dangerous side.
I have always liked Robert Earnshaw and he is a big goal scoring threat, especially at Championship level, where he is so lethal in front of goal.
- 1 Tower Hamlets A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 2 Man, woman and child escape 'large' e-bike fire in Wapping flat by climbing out window
- 3 Plan to install gates at canalside development blocked despite ASB concerns
- 4 Thames Water: Hosepipe ban announced for London and Thames Valley
- 5 'Ruthless' killer sentenced for Isle of Dogs murder
- 6 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 7 Investigation under way after fire and explosion at Shoreditch block
- 8 Teenager, 17, arrested after car crashes into Bow apartment building
- 9 Canary Wharf Underground station stabbing leaves man in hospital
- 10 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
Nathan Tyson is another who I like the look of and is a decent player, while Chris Cohen and Chris Gunter are also solid.
The outcome on the game hinges on how West Ham perform on the day.
If we turn up and play well, the Hammers should progress to round five, but if we don’t FA Cup elimination to a team, below us on the footballing pyramid could be on the cards once again.
For all the latest West ham news view and updates from Saturday’s match at Upton Park, follow us on twitter at www.twitter.com/ela_hammers