Tony Cottee column: My old club Everton face West Ham in good form
Toffees are a dangerous side
Everton are a good team hitting form just as West Ham make the trip to Goodison Park.
They gave Liverpool a good game last week and recently beat Manchester City, so you know they will be a dangerous outfit.
It’s not been a good ground for West Ham over the years, but the situation the Hammers are currently in means now would be a good time to put that right.
It will be a difficult game and I hope it won’t be as dull as the first game at Upton Park in October. The second half in particular was pretty awful.
You may also want to watch:
My old club are well managed by David Moyes, who has been tremendous since coming to the helm.
It helps he has an excellent board behind him who are always supportive towards him and given funds whenever they can.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Brigade issues fire safety warning after Limehouse studio blaze
- 3 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 4 Khalid Ali couldn't hide delight after winning start against Dean Wilkinson
- 5 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 6 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 7 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 8 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 9 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 10 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
They let him get on with the job and have been rewarded for doing so.
He has brought in some good players over the years and two of those, Tim Cahill and Phil Jagielka will be a big miss for them.
They do still have Leon Osman and Marouane Fellaini to call upon who are more than useful footballers.
Their strikers have struggled to score goals this season and Moyes has mixed and matched a lot of this campaign without any real success, relying on the likes of Cahill to find him goals.
No partnership has really clicked but Jermaine Beckford has scored five goals and could be Everton’s biggest threat.
Tony Cottee was talking to Matt Diner
For live texxt updates and a report on the final whistle from Saturday’s match at Goodison, follow us on twitter at www.twitter.com/ela_hammers