Tony Cottee Column: Spurs away is a massive game for West Ham fans
“They are our local rivals and this weekend’s game at White Hart Lane is set to be a cracker and I honestly believe the way West Ham have been playing could mean we take a point.”
For West Ham fans the games against Spurs are the biggest of the season.
They are our local rivals and this weekend’s game at White Hart Lane is set to be a cracker and I honestly believe the way West Ham have been playing could mean we take a point.
It will be a great result and edge us ever-closer to that 40 point mark which will in all likelihood be enough for safety.
Spurs have been a bit inconsistent of late and West Ham have proved over the past month they can score goals. Our form is good heading into the match
You may also want to watch:
Spurs are also free-scoring at the moment so it is vital we defend better than we did against Stoke on Sunday.
We must get the balance between attack and defence right. We can’t sit back, because Spurs’ attacking prowess will wear us down, but we can’t go gung ho because they are devastating on the counter attack.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Brigade issues fire safety warning after Limehouse studio blaze
- 3 Khalid Ali couldn't hide delight after winning start against Dean Wilkinson
- 4 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 5 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 6 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 7 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 8 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 9 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 10 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
Our north London neighbours have not played many matches over the past few weeks due to their early elimination from the FA Cup and it could go one of two ways.
They could be rusty having not played for over a week, or they could be refreshed, we won’t find out which until kick-off.
The midfield battle will be key, which is probably where both teams are strongest.
We have some tough matches coming up and if we can somehow grab six points from the next six games, it will put us in good stead for three very winnable games at the end of the campaign against Blackburn, Wigan and Sunderland.