Tony Cottee Column: West Ham can snatch a point at Bolton
Bolton are a good side under Owen Coyle and although our record against them is terrible I am confident we can get a point at the Reebok Stadium.
Maybe they will be focused on their FA Cup semi-final against Stoke at Wembley the week after.
I am sure manager Owen Coyle will try his best to make sure it does not happen, but the way we have playing we should head their with confidence.
I’m not sure if Grant will make changes to the team, he may even change the formation and play Carlton Cole up front by himself with Gary O’Neil and Victor Obinna either side, he could even play Robbie Keane on the left of a front three.
There are plenty of options available to Grant and I believe the midfield battle will be key, with Fabrice Muamba and Mark Davies competing against Scott Parker, Mark Noble and Thomas Hitzlsperger.
You may also want to watch:
Coyle will be a tough opponent for Grant and the former Burnley boss has done a fantastic job with Bolton.
They have kept the physical aspects that they were famed by under Sam Allardyce, but have added flair.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 6 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 9 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
Jack Wilshere went on loan and was a revelation for them last season, while Daniel Sturridge has joined on loan from Manchester City and is a dangerous player.
They have good options going forward and more than solid at the back so it will be a tough match.
They are stabilised Premier League side and after the excellent job Coyle has done, I would not be surprised if sooner or later a bigger club came calling.