Tony Cottee previews Liverpool v West Ham at Anfield
A point is realistic at Anfield
Of course it is a tough task to go and win at Anfield, especially with West Ham’s record, but I feel now is the right time to play them.
After three wins in a row, drawing against Wigan then losing and Stoke would have dented their confidence significantly, although that said, a 0-0 draw would be a fantastic result.
Anfield is one of those great old fashioned grounds that always make the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end and there’s no doubt it can be an intimidating place to play.
It works both ways, which is why if we can frustrate Liverpool, the crowd may turn against them and with players who are good on the break, we could hurt them.
You may also want to watch:
Last week Sunderland beat Chelsea 3-0. Of course I’m not saying we will go there and do that but they do have weaknesses which can be exploited.
They have been poor at the back of late, chopping and changing their back four due to injuries and the lack of familiarity will help the Hammers forwards.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
We can also compete in midfield, but up front is of course where they are most deadly.
Fernando Torres is a top striker and one of the best in the World. It got on my nerves that when he was out of form for those few months people were writing him off.
Strikers go off form and stop scoring goals sometimes it happens.
It does not make them a bad player.
For all the latest West Ham news, views, analysis and interviews follow us on twitter at www.twitter.com/ela_hammers