Tony Cottee previews Liverpool v West Ham at Anfield
A point is realistic at Anfield
Of course it is a tough task to go and win at Anfield, especially with West Ham’s record, but I feel now is the right time to play them.
After three wins in a row, drawing against Wigan then losing and Stoke would have dented their confidence significantly, although that said, a 0-0 draw would be a fantastic result.
Anfield is one of those great old fashioned grounds that always make the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end and there’s no doubt it can be an intimidating place to play.
It works both ways, which is why if we can frustrate Liverpool, the crowd may turn against them and with players who are good on the break, we could hurt them.
You may also want to watch:
Last week Sunderland beat Chelsea 3-0. Of course I’m not saying we will go there and do that but they do have weaknesses which can be exploited.
They have been poor at the back of late, chopping and changing their back four due to injuries and the lack of familiarity will help the Hammers forwards.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 3 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 4 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 6 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 7 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 8 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 9 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 10 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
We can also compete in midfield, but up front is of course where they are most deadly.
Fernando Torres is a top striker and one of the best in the World. It got on my nerves that when he was out of form for those few months people were writing him off.
Strikers go off form and stop scoring goals sometimes it happens.
It does not make them a bad player.
For all the latest West Ham news, views, analysis and interviews follow us on twitter at www.twitter.com/ela_hammers