Tony Cottee previews Wolves v West Ham
A win isn’t vital, but not losing is.
I expect we will have a tough game against Wolves on Saturday and while I don’t think it is vital we get the win, we need to at leave Molineux with a point.
With the club unbeaten in four it is vital we keep the momentum going and a defeat against a side who we will could end up close to at the end of the season will be a big blow.
There is a feel-good factor from the fans and players over their recent performances, which is why the international break has probably not helped.
I am confident we can pick up where we left off and it will be interesting to see the formation and team boss Avram Grant picks for Saturday’s clash.
The 4-4-2 did not work in the first half against Fulham at Upton park in the first half and when we switched to 4-3-3, we played a lot better.
However, in the past few matches playing two up top has been very effective with Frederic Piquionne and Victor Obinna playing well, so I would hope he sticks to that.
- 1 Man, woman and child escape 'large' e-bike fire in Wapping flat by climbing out window
- 2 Tower Hamlets A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 3 Plan to install gates at canalside development blocked despite ASB concerns
- 4 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 5 Thames Water: Hosepipe ban announced for London and Thames Valley
- 6 Teenager, 17, arrested after car crashes into Bow apartment building
- 7 'Ruthless' killer sentenced for Isle of Dogs murder
- 8 Investigation under way after fire and explosion at Shoreditch block
- 9 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 10 All Points East 2022: Gorillaz, Idles line-up and stage times
It would again mean no place in the side for Calrton Cole in the starting XI. I was encouraged by what I read in the paper from Cole and I believe his attitude has always been top notch.
Like I have said before I feel his confidence in his ability has improved greatly over the past year or so and he will bounce back and start scoring goals for West Ham again in the not too distant future.