Tony Cottee: West Ham must battle against Arsenal on Saturday
Hammers should not tryo to outplay the Gunners this Saturday
The most important thing is that West Ham don’t roll over against Arsenal this weekend.
They are in tremendous form at the moment and the way they took apart Manchester City at the weekend was impressive to watch.
Cesc Fabregas after an injury lay-off looked close to being back to his best, while Samir Nasri’s excellent recent form shows no sign of letting up.
They are their creative sparks and key weapons, while the performances of Marouane Chamakh have also impressed and he has led the line well as a lone striker.
You may also want to watch:
You can go to Arsenal and try to play football against them, but in reality it’s unlikely to work and they will pick you off.
It’s a game where you have to role your sleeves up and give maximum effort.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
Going to the Emirates is one of, if not the toughest game of the season because of how they pass the ball and it will be interesting to see the formation Avram Grant elects to use.
The likelihood is that he will just play the one up top with Carlton Cole leading the line and pack the midfield in a bid to frustrate the Gunners.
Hopefully matthew Upson would also have recovered from the hamstring injury which saw him replaced by Herita Ilunga on Saturday and the former Gunners’ experience will be vital if West Ham do get anything from the game.
For all the latest West Ham news, analysis and interviews follow us on twitter at www.twitter.com/ela_hammers