Tony Cottee: West Ham must battle against Arsenal on Saturday
Hammers should not tryo to outplay the Gunners this Saturday
The most important thing is that West Ham don’t roll over against Arsenal this weekend.
They are in tremendous form at the moment and the way they took apart Manchester City at the weekend was impressive to watch.
Cesc Fabregas after an injury lay-off looked close to being back to his best, while Samir Nasri’s excellent recent form shows no sign of letting up.
They are their creative sparks and key weapons, while the performances of Marouane Chamakh have also impressed and he has led the line well as a lone striker.
You may also want to watch:
You can go to Arsenal and try to play football against them, but in reality it’s unlikely to work and they will pick you off.
It’s a game where you have to role your sleeves up and give maximum effort.
- 1 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 2 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 3 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 4 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 5 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 6 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 7 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 8 Leyton Orient seal first away win of the season at Bristol Rovers
- 9 Travel round-up: Road and rail disruptions this week
- 10 Joe Gallen full of praise for O's forwards in Bristol Rovers victory
Going to the Emirates is one of, if not the toughest game of the season because of how they pass the ball and it will be interesting to see the formation Avram Grant elects to use.
The likelihood is that he will just play the one up top with Carlton Cole leading the line and pack the midfield in a bid to frustrate the Gunners.
Hopefully matthew Upson would also have recovered from the hamstring injury which saw him replaced by Herita Ilunga on Saturday and the former Gunners’ experience will be vital if West Ham do get anything from the game.
For all the latest West Ham news, analysis and interviews follow us on twitter at www.twitter.com/ela_hammers