Top 100 British Bangladeshis list to be revealed by Cllr Abdal Ullah
- Credit: Archant
The winners of a project to find the top 100 Bangladeshis in Britain will be announced next week in Houses of Parliament.
The search for nominees for the British Bangladeshi Power and Inspiration List 2014 was launched by Stepney Green Cllr Abdal Ullah with in November.
The project, now in it’s third year, included a new People’s Choice category for people to nominate British Bangladeshis they consider “unsung heroes”.
Residents have been nominating members of their community since November, with the deadline for suggestions coming on December 31.
The list will be revealed in Westminster at an event packed with high profile ministers, MPs and guests.
You may also want to watch:
The event will be hosted by Anne Main MP, chair of the All Party Parliamentary Bangladesh Group, who will be joined by the judging panel and other special guests.
Cllr Ullah, who founded the project, said: “I wanted to show the real talent and contribution of Bangladeshis as part of British society.”
- 1 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 2 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 3 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 4 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 5 Stolen bikes being recycled in Mile End by police
- 6 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 7 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 10 Report reveals scale of support offered by council during Covid crisis
For more information visit www.bbpower-inspiration.com.