Top 100 British Bangladeshis list to be revealed by Cllr Abdal Ullah
- Credit: Archant
The winners of a project to find the top 100 Bangladeshis in Britain will be announced next week in Houses of Parliament.
The search for nominees for the British Bangladeshi Power and Inspiration List 2014 was launched by Stepney Green Cllr Abdal Ullah with in November.
The project, now in it’s third year, included a new People’s Choice category for people to nominate British Bangladeshis they consider “unsung heroes”.
Residents have been nominating members of their community since November, with the deadline for suggestions coming on December 31.
The list will be revealed in Westminster at an event packed with high profile ministers, MPs and guests.
You may also want to watch:
The event will be hosted by Anne Main MP, chair of the All Party Parliamentary Bangladesh Group, who will be joined by the judging panel and other special guests.
Cllr Ullah, who founded the project, said: “I wanted to show the real talent and contribution of Bangladeshis as part of British society.”
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
For more information visit www.bbpower-inspiration.com.