Top chef Galvin cooks up appeal for Christmas homeless
TOP chef Chris Galvin is serving up a first-class meal alongside homeless and vulnerably-housed catering trainees in London’s East End at lunchtime today. The head chef at the Hilton in Mayfair is helping launch a recruitment drive for volunteers to run kitchens for the homeless at Christmas at the Crisis charity’s Skylight Caf� at noon
TOP chef Chris Galvin is serving up a first-class meal alongside homeless and vulnerably-housed catering trainees in London's East End at lunchtime today.
The head chef from Galvin at Windows at the Hilton in Mayfair, who opens La Chapelle shortly in Spitalfields, is helping launch a recruitment drive for volunteers to run kitchens for the homeless at Christmas.
The launch is being staged at noon at the Crisis charity's Skylight Caf� at Commercial Street in Spitalfields.
The charity needs 300 chefs, experienced food handlers and kitchen assistants to help London's homeless over the festive season as part of Crisis Christmas, running from December 23 to 30.
You may also want to watch:
The organisation has been running its Christmas 'crisis' centres in London over the past three decades which provide companionship and support to alleviate loneliness and isolation and help people out of homelessness. The nine temporary centres it runs across London cater for 2,000 homeless people each Christmas with accommodation, food and care services.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 3 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 4 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 5 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 6 Brigade issues fire safety warning after Limehouse studio blaze
- 7 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 8 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 9 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 10 Khalid Ali couldn't hide delight after winning start against Dean Wilkinson