Top chef Galvin cooks up appeal for Christmas homeless
TOP chef Chris Galvin is serving up a first-class meal alongside homeless and vulnerably-housed catering trainees in London’s East End at lunchtime today. The head chef at the Hilton in Mayfair is helping launch a recruitment drive for volunteers to run kitchens for the homeless at Christmas at the Crisis charity’s Skylight Caf� at noon
TOP chef Chris Galvin is serving up a first-class meal alongside homeless and vulnerably-housed catering trainees in London's East End at lunchtime today.
The head chef from Galvin at Windows at the Hilton in Mayfair, who opens La Chapelle shortly in Spitalfields, is helping launch a recruitment drive for volunteers to run kitchens for the homeless at Christmas.
The launch is being staged at noon at the Crisis charity's Skylight Caf� at Commercial Street in Spitalfields.
The charity needs 300 chefs, experienced food handlers and kitchen assistants to help London's homeless over the festive season as part of Crisis Christmas, running from December 23 to 30.
You may also want to watch:
The organisation has been running its Christmas 'crisis' centres in London over the past three decades which provide companionship and support to alleviate loneliness and isolation and help people out of homelessness. The nine temporary centres it runs across London cater for 2,000 homeless people each Christmas with accommodation, food and care services.
- 1 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 2 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 3 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 6 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 7 Trains being tested on Crossrail's Elizabeth line up to four an hour
- 8 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 9 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 10 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job