Top chef Galvin cooks up appeal for Christmas homeless
TOP chef Chris Galvin is serving up a first-class meal alongside homeless and vulnerably-housed catering trainees in London’s East End at lunchtime today. The head chef at the Hilton in Mayfair is helping launch a recruitment drive for volunteers to run kitchens for the homeless at Christmas at the Crisis charity’s Skylight Caf� at noon
TOP chef Chris Galvin is serving up a first-class meal alongside homeless and vulnerably-housed catering trainees in London's East End at lunchtime today.
The head chef from Galvin at Windows at the Hilton in Mayfair, who opens La Chapelle shortly in Spitalfields, is helping launch a recruitment drive for volunteers to run kitchens for the homeless at Christmas.
The launch is being staged at noon at the Crisis charity's Skylight Caf� at Commercial Street in Spitalfields.
The charity needs 300 chefs, experienced food handlers and kitchen assistants to help London's homeless over the festive season as part of Crisis Christmas, running from December 23 to 30.
You may also want to watch:
The organisation has been running its Christmas 'crisis' centres in London over the past three decades which provide companionship and support to alleviate loneliness and isolation and help people out of homelessness. The nine temporary centres it runs across London cater for 2,000 homeless people each Christmas with accommodation, food and care services.
- 1 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel