Top US legal eagles fly in to roost in new Bishop’s Square
A TOP American law firm is setting up offices in London’s East End. The Akin Gump organisation is set to move 60 staff next month into a new development in Spitalfields, behind Bishopsgate
A TOP American law firm is setting up offices in London’s East End.
The Akin Gump organisation is set to move 60 staff next month into a new development in Spitalfields, behind Bishopsgate.
The firm is leasing 25,000sq ft in the Bishops Square complex owned by another top international legal corporation, Allen and Overy.
It plans to relocate its entire staff on August 18 to Spitalfields from their present offices at the Barbican in the City.
You may also want to watch:
The relocation gives Akin Gump nearly twice as much space as its present offices, with the aim of expanding its UK practice.
Akin Gump has 33 lawyers on its books, largely in corporate representation and investment funds as well as work in emerging markets.
- 1 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 2 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 3 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 4 Whitechapel lab to research East End's high throat cancer rates
- 5 'Tokyo Olympics? Tough call after Covid,' says Montell Douglas
- 6 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 7 'We need more Covid vaccines,' Tower Hamlets mayor warns
- 8 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 9 Rabina Khan: What we must do five years on from Brexit referendum
- 10 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
The firm becomes the second US legal practice to rent space at the Bishop’s Square complex which opened in 2006.