Tory hopeful arrested after Prescott scuffle is cleared of assault
TORY council hopeful Martin Coxall who was arrested after he hijacked a visit by Labour stalwart John Prescott has been cleared of all charges. Mr Coxall was standing for East India & Lansbury when he was arrested on suspicion of ABH after he and a grou
TORY council hopeful Martin Coxall who was arrested after he hijacked a visit by Labour stalwart John Prescott has been cleared of all charges.
Mr Coxall was standing for East India & Lansbury when he was arrested on suspicion of ABH after he and a group of mischievous Tories interrupted a visit by Prescott to
Chrisp Street Market during the General Election campaign.
They stormed in wearing Prescott masks and as both sides grappled over banners being held by the new arrivals, a woman was knocked to the ground.
You may also want to watch:
The IT consultant was suspended by the Conservative Party but his name still remained on the ballot paper during the Local Election.
And after being cleared of all allegations, Mr Coxall told the Advertiser this week about his shock over the media whirlwind that followed his arrest.
- 1 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 2 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Waste bin by the Thames used as 'lifebuoy' to save marine life
- 7 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 8 'Earn while you learn' new degree course for students from any background
- 9 Golfer to visit Canary Wharf on 'world's longest golf hole challenge'
- 10 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
For the more detailed interview, see Thursday's East London Advertiser.