Tory hopeful arrested after Prescott scuffle is cleared of assault
TORY council hopeful Martin Coxall who was arrested after he hijacked a visit by Labour stalwart John Prescott has been cleared of all charges. Mr Coxall was standing for East India & Lansbury when he was arrested on suspicion of ABH after he and a grou
TORY council hopeful Martin Coxall who was arrested after he hijacked a visit by Labour stalwart John Prescott has been cleared of all charges.
Mr Coxall was standing for East India & Lansbury when he was arrested on suspicion of ABH after he and a group of mischievous Tories interrupted a visit by Prescott to
Chrisp Street Market during the General Election campaign.
They stormed in wearing Prescott masks and as both sides grappled over banners being held by the new arrivals, a woman was knocked to the ground.
You may also want to watch:
The IT consultant was suspended by the Conservative Party but his name still remained on the ballot paper during the Local Election.
And after being cleared of all allegations, Mr Coxall told the Advertiser this week about his shock over the media whirlwind that followed his arrest.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
For the more detailed interview, see Thursday's East London Advertiser.