Tory hopeful arrested after Prescott scuffle is cleared of assault
TORY council hopeful Martin Coxall who was arrested after he hijacked a visit by Labour stalwart John Prescott has been cleared of all charges. Mr Coxall was standing for East India & Lansbury when he was arrested on suspicion of ABH after he and a grou
TORY council hopeful Martin Coxall who was arrested after he hijacked a visit by Labour stalwart John Prescott has been cleared of all charges.
Mr Coxall was standing for East India & Lansbury when he was arrested on suspicion of ABH after he and a group of mischievous Tories interrupted a visit by Prescott to
Chrisp Street Market during the General Election campaign.
They stormed in wearing Prescott masks and as both sides grappled over banners being held by the new arrivals, a woman was knocked to the ground.
The IT consultant was suspended by the Conservative Party but his name still remained on the ballot paper during the Local Election.
And after being cleared of all allegations, Mr Coxall told the Advertiser this week about his shock over the media whirlwind that followed his arrest.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 3 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 4 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 5 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 6 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 7 Leyton Orient could send goalkeeper Sargeant back out on loan
- 8 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 9 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 10 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
For the more detailed interview, see Thursday's East London Advertiser.