Tour De France 2014: Where to do your own cycling
- Credit: submitted
The famous Bikeworks centre in Cambridge Heath Road shared its top cycling spots in Tower Hamlets ahead of the Tour de France.
Ben Preston says Victoria Park is the biker’s first choice, but also recommends some roads less travelled.
“Cycling along the canal is very popular. That extends through Victoria Park and beyond.
“Another good route is up from Lea Valley in Hackney, which bends back into Tower Hamlets.
“It’s quite different cycling around Canary Wharf. I think cycling down by the Thames, and around Shadwell is nice too.”
You may also want to watch:
Ben also suggests people try the East London Greenways route from Woolwich through Canary Wharf and on to Stratford.
Bikeworks runs Fix Your Own Bike evenings, and maintenance courses, as well as offering expert repairs and other work.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
For more visit bikeworks.org.uk.