Tours of Canary Wharf Crossrail station announced
- Credit: Archant
If you’ve ever wanted to see behind the scenes at the Crossrail works, the doors are being thrown open for one weekend.
As part of the Open House London weekend on September 20 and 21, members of the public can enjoy tours of three of the network’s sites, including the new Canary Wharf station.
Built in a former dock, visitors can see the new ticket hall and platforms which will pass thousands of people every day when it opens in 2018.
There will also be the chance to see the retail development and roof garden above the station, which are due to be completed next year.
Farringdon Station and Moorgate construction sites will also be open to the public as part of the weekend, which will see more than 800 buildings and sites open for public viewing.
You may also want to watch:
Crossrail tours can be booked via eventbrite.co.uk from September 1.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 7 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 8 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 Man found stabbed on board night bus