Tours of Canary Wharf Crossrail station announced
- Credit: Archant
If you’ve ever wanted to see behind the scenes at the Crossrail works, the doors are being thrown open for one weekend.
As part of the Open House London weekend on September 20 and 21, members of the public can enjoy tours of three of the network’s sites, including the new Canary Wharf station.
Built in a former dock, visitors can see the new ticket hall and platforms which will pass thousands of people every day when it opens in 2018.
There will also be the chance to see the retail development and roof garden above the station, which are due to be completed next year.
Farringdon Station and Moorgate construction sites will also be open to the public as part of the weekend, which will see more than 800 buildings and sites open for public viewing.
You may also want to watch:
Crossrail tours can be booked via eventbrite.co.uk from September 1.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 10 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff