Tower Hamlets calls on Third Sector to help improve East End life
DELEGATEDS from 90 voluntary organisations and groups packed a seminar to tell the Town Hall how living in London’s deprived Eats End can be improved. The consultation aimed to help shape Tower Hamlets Council’s Third Sector Strategy and how things can be improved
DELEGATEDS from 90 voluntary organisations and groups packed a seminar to tell the Town Hall how living in London's deprived Eats End can be improved.
The consultation aimed to help shape Tower Hamlets Council's Third Sector Strategy and how things can be improved.
The East End has some 2,500 organisations running services in the community.
"They play a vital role in Tower Hamlets," said Cllr Rania Khan, cabinet member for Community partnerships. "They make sure voices are heard and people are involved in decision-making."
You may also want to watch:
The strategy for dealing with non-government organisations such as charities and social enterprises aims to develop "better ways" for the authority to work with the community to improve life East End life.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 3 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 4 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 5 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 6 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 7 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 8 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 9 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 10 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene