Tower Hamlets calls on Third Sector to help improve East End life
DELEGATEDS from 90 voluntary organisations and groups packed a seminar to tell the Town Hall how living in London’s deprived Eats End can be improved. The consultation aimed to help shape Tower Hamlets Council’s Third Sector Strategy and how things can be improved
DELEGATEDS from 90 voluntary organisations and groups packed a seminar to tell the Town Hall how living in London's deprived Eats End can be improved.
The consultation aimed to help shape Tower Hamlets Council's Third Sector Strategy and how things can be improved.
The East End has some 2,500 organisations running services in the community.
"They play a vital role in Tower Hamlets," said Cllr Rania Khan, cabinet member for Community partnerships. "They make sure voices are heard and people are involved in decision-making."
You may also want to watch:
The strategy for dealing with non-government organisations such as charities and social enterprises aims to develop "better ways" for the authority to work with the community to improve life East End life.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 4 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 7 Poplar and Limehouse MP's trial on housing fraud charges set to start
- 8 'Laughing gas central': Call for action on antisocial behaviour
- 9 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend