Tower Hamlets calls on Third Sector to help improve East End life
DELEGATEDS from 90 voluntary organisations and groups packed a seminar to tell the Town Hall how living in London’s deprived Eats End can be improved. The consultation aimed to help shape Tower Hamlets Council’s Third Sector Strategy and how things can be improved
DELEGATEDS from 90 voluntary organisations and groups packed a seminar to tell the Town Hall how living in London's deprived Eats End can be improved.
The consultation aimed to help shape Tower Hamlets Council's Third Sector Strategy and how things can be improved.
The East End has some 2,500 organisations running services in the community.
"They play a vital role in Tower Hamlets," said Cllr Rania Khan, cabinet member for Community partnerships. "They make sure voices are heard and people are involved in decision-making."
You may also want to watch:
The strategy for dealing with non-government organisations such as charities and social enterprises aims to develop "better ways" for the authority to work with the community to improve life East End life.
- 1 Man found stabbed on board night bus
- 2 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 3 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 4 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 5 Witness appeal continues a month after youth stabbed in Shadwell
- 6 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 7 Trees planted to remember people who died of Covid in the East End
- 8 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 9 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 10 Rabina Khan: 'We need powers to hold housing associations accountable'