Tower Hamlets calls on Third Sector to help improve East End life
DELEGATEDS from 90 voluntary organisations and groups packed a seminar to tell the Town Hall how living in London’s deprived Eats End can be improved. The consultation aimed to help shape Tower Hamlets Council’s Third Sector Strategy and how things can be improved
DELEGATEDS from 90 voluntary organisations and groups packed a seminar to tell the Town Hall how living in London's deprived Eats End can be improved.
The consultation aimed to help shape Tower Hamlets Council's Third Sector Strategy and how things can be improved.
The East End has some 2,500 organisations running services in the community.
"They play a vital role in Tower Hamlets," said Cllr Rania Khan, cabinet member for Community partnerships. "They make sure voices are heard and people are involved in decision-making."
You may also want to watch:
The strategy for dealing with non-government organisations such as charities and social enterprises aims to develop "better ways" for the authority to work with the community to improve life East End life.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 9 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 10 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single