Tower Hamlets College celebrates top A-level results
STUDENTS at an East End college were celebrating this week after receiving top marks in their A-levels module exams. Tower Hamlets College in Poplar saw a five per cent increase in its pass rate for its January A-levels modules compared to last year, wi
STUDENTS at an East End college were celebrating this week after receiving top marks in their A-levels module exams.
Tower Hamlets College in Poplar saw a five per cent increase in its pass rate for its January A-levels modules compared to last year, with the subjects of Statistics, Psychology and Core Maths winning the highest marks.
Some clever students even achieved a staggering 100 per cent in certain modules, putting them on track for the new A* grades introduced earlier this year.
Medic hopeful, Aminul Islam achieved 100 per cent in his A2 Biology Module and was recently awarded a bursary of �6,000 from law firm Allen & Overy LLP to support him at university.
You may also want to watch:
Principal Michael Farley said: "These results are testament to the hard work put in by both the students and their teachers and I am thrilled for everyone involved. Long may it continue.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 5 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 6 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 7 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 8 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 9 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 10 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August