Tower Hamlets College cricketer perfects his spin bowling at Lord's
A BUDDING cricketer was getting tips from professionals during a visit to Lord s. Mehdi Abbas, captain of Tower Hamlets College Cricket Club, was invited to the cricket ground to meet former England player John Emburey as part of the Marylebone Cricket
A BUDDING cricketer was getting tips from professionals during a visit to Lord's.
Mehdi Abbas, captain of Tower Hamlets College Cricket Club, was invited to the cricket ground to meet former England player John Emburey as part of the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) Schools Coaching Seminar.
The 17-year-old student at the college in Poplar was given tips on spin bowling from the expert spinner and also learnt some new skills from MCC head coach and former England international player Mark Alleyne.
Mehdi who lives in Whitechapel said: "I had been to Lord's to watch a Test match before but never to train and play myself so it was pretty special.
You may also want to watch:
"It is a really inspirational venue with so much history and to have the chance to get some tips from two guys who played at the top level should really improve my game."
The Tower Hamlets College's Cricket Club will be competing in the Victoria Park Community League for the first time this season.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided