Tower Hamlets College cricketer perfects his spin bowling at Lord's
A BUDDING cricketer was getting tips from professionals during a visit to Lord s. Mehdi Abbas, captain of Tower Hamlets College Cricket Club, was invited to the cricket ground to meet former England player John Emburey as part of the Marylebone Cricket
A BUDDING cricketer was getting tips from professionals during a visit to Lord's.
Mehdi Abbas, captain of Tower Hamlets College Cricket Club, was invited to the cricket ground to meet former England player John Emburey as part of the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) Schools Coaching Seminar.
The 17-year-old student at the college in Poplar was given tips on spin bowling from the expert spinner and also learnt some new skills from MCC head coach and former England international player Mark Alleyne.
Mehdi who lives in Whitechapel said: "I had been to Lord's to watch a Test match before but never to train and play myself so it was pretty special.
"It is a really inspirational venue with so much history and to have the chance to get some tips from two guys who played at the top level should really improve my game."
The Tower Hamlets College's Cricket Club will be competing in the Victoria Park Community League for the first time this season.
- 1 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 2 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 3 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 4 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 5 Come Dine With Me calls on east London restaurants for new show
- 6 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 7 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 8 One per cent council tax rise planned with borough set for balanced budget
- 9 Guilty: East London criminals jailed in December 2021
- 10 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network