Tower Hamlets College joins fight against threat of funding cuts
TEACHERS and students at Tower Hamlets College will be joining the national protest against possible education cuts on Monday. Members of the University and College Union, Unison, National Union of Students and UNITE will
TEACHERS and students at Tower Hamlets College will join the national fight against possible education cuts on Monday.
Members of the University and College Union, Unison, National Union of Students and UNITE are holding a range of strikes and demonstrations against the threat of cuts to jobs and courses at colleges and universities across London.
Staff at the college in Poplar are holding a meeting on Monday to dicuss future action as part the United for Education day.
Union members at the University of the Arts London and Lambeth College will be holding a one-day walk-out.
You may also want to watch:
They will be calling on Chancellor George Osborne to protect funding for higher and adult education as part of his emergency budget, due to be announced on Tuesday.
- 1 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 2 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
- 3 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 4 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 5 Former Essex captain Ryan ten Doeschate set to retire
- 6 'All good things come to an end' as Essex star Ryan ten Doeschate retires
- 7 Data reveals number of road incidents involving children in borough
- 8 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 9 Building a 'winning mentality' says O's assistant Joe Gallen
- 10 Barts Trust helps with app to improve care for disabled patients