Tower Hamlets College joins fight against threat of funding cuts
TEACHERS and students at Tower Hamlets College will be joining the national protest against possible education cuts on Monday. Members of the University and College Union, Unison, National Union of Students and UNITE will
TEACHERS and students at Tower Hamlets College will join the national fight against possible education cuts on Monday.
Members of the University and College Union, Unison, National Union of Students and UNITE are holding a range of strikes and demonstrations against the threat of cuts to jobs and courses at colleges and universities across London.
Staff at the college in Poplar are holding a meeting on Monday to dicuss future action as part the United for Education day.
Union members at the University of the Arts London and Lambeth College will be holding a one-day walk-out.
You may also want to watch:
They will be calling on Chancellor George Osborne to protect funding for higher and adult education as part of his emergency budget, due to be announced on Tuesday.
- 1 Leyton Orient reportedly down to final three candidates
- 2 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 3 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 4 Spitalfields banner unfurled to express solidarity with Palestine
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 7 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 8 Bethnal Green martial arts gym launches fundraiser to expand outreach
- 9 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 10 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs