Tower Hamlets College joins fight against threat of funding cuts
TEACHERS and students at Tower Hamlets College will be joining the national protest against possible education cuts on Monday. Members of the University and College Union, Unison, National Union of Students and UNITE will
TEACHERS and students at Tower Hamlets College will join the national fight against possible education cuts on Monday.
Members of the University and College Union, Unison, National Union of Students and UNITE are holding a range of strikes and demonstrations against the threat of cuts to jobs and courses at colleges and universities across London.
Staff at the college in Poplar are holding a meeting on Monday to dicuss future action as part the United for Education day.
Union members at the University of the Arts London and Lambeth College will be holding a one-day walk-out.
You may also want to watch:
They will be calling on Chancellor George Osborne to protect funding for higher and adult education as part of his emergency budget, due to be announced on Tuesday.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns