Tower Hamlets College to feature in television programme
TELEVISION crews descended on Tower Hamlets College this week to capture a day in the life of one of its teachers. Magdalena Torres a Maths teacher at the college in Poplar was being filmed and interviewed on Monday as part of a TV documentary focussing
TELEVISION crews descended on Tower Hamlets College this week to capture a day in the life of one of its teachers.
Magdalena Torres a Maths teacher at the college in Poplar was being filmed and interviewed on Monday as part of a TV documentary focussing on Spanish citizens living abroad.
The crew began by filming the exterior of the college and the surrounding streets before heading to Canary Wharf to see the contrast between the areas.
They later filmed Magdalena in action in one of her classes and were given a guided tour of departments including Hair and Beauty, the Motor Vehicle Workshop and the Learning Resource Centre.
You may also want to watch:
Magdalena, who is originally from Andalusia said: "It was fun as a one-off and I think the crew were genuinely impressed by the practical nature of education in this country.
"Spanish schools and even some universities have nothing like the equipment available in our departments, so it was a real eye opener for them."
- 1 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 4 Green light for £1m in levies to be used for East End fire rescue ladder
- 5 Bethnal Green rubbish 'attracts rats' as 'pingdemic' delays collections
- 6 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 7 Remembrance to Bethnal Green's ‘perfect storm’ fire tragedy 17 years on
- 8 'Laughing gas central': Call for action on antisocial behaviour
- 9 Trial of Poplar and Limehouse MP opens on 'housing fraud' charges
- 10 No arrests after triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
Magdalena's story will form part of the political programme Europa Abierta - Open Europe - which will be shown on a regional Spanish television network.