Tower Hamlets College to feature in television programme
TELEVISION crews descended on Tower Hamlets College this week to capture a day in the life of one of its teachers. Magdalena Torres a Maths teacher at the college in Poplar was being filmed and interviewed on Monday as part of a TV documentary focussing
TELEVISION crews descended on Tower Hamlets College this week to capture a day in the life of one of its teachers.
Magdalena Torres a Maths teacher at the college in Poplar was being filmed and interviewed on Monday as part of a TV documentary focussing on Spanish citizens living abroad.
The crew began by filming the exterior of the college and the surrounding streets before heading to Canary Wharf to see the contrast between the areas.
They later filmed Magdalena in action in one of her classes and were given a guided tour of departments including Hair and Beauty, the Motor Vehicle Workshop and the Learning Resource Centre.
You may also want to watch:
Magdalena, who is originally from Andalusia said: "It was fun as a one-off and I think the crew were genuinely impressed by the practical nature of education in this country.
"Spanish schools and even some universities have nothing like the equipment available in our departments, so it was a real eye opener for them."
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 10 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
Magdalena's story will form part of the political programme Europa Abierta - Open Europe - which will be shown on a regional Spanish television network.