Tower Hamlets College to feature in television programme
TELEVISION crews descended on Tower Hamlets College this week to capture a day in the life of one of its teachers. Magdalena Torres a Maths teacher at the college in Poplar was being filmed and interviewed on Monday as part of a TV documentary focussing
TELEVISION crews descended on Tower Hamlets College this week to capture a day in the life of one of its teachers.
Magdalena Torres a Maths teacher at the college in Poplar was being filmed and interviewed on Monday as part of a TV documentary focussing on Spanish citizens living abroad.
The crew began by filming the exterior of the college and the surrounding streets before heading to Canary Wharf to see the contrast between the areas.
They later filmed Magdalena in action in one of her classes and were given a guided tour of departments including Hair and Beauty, the Motor Vehicle Workshop and the Learning Resource Centre.
Magdalena, who is originally from Andalusia said: "It was fun as a one-off and I think the crew were genuinely impressed by the practical nature of education in this country.
"Spanish schools and even some universities have nothing like the equipment available in our departments, so it was a real eye opener for them."
- 1 Whitechapel dessert shop fined over £5,000 for dumping waste
- 2 Update: Woman, 56, missing in Tower Hamlets found
- 3 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 4 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 5 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 6 Cyclist in 'critical but stable' condition after Whitechapel lorry crash
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Section 60 in place across Tower Hamlets after Stepney stabbing
- 9 Cyclist in hospital after lorry collision in Whitechapel
- 10 Mile End: Car crashes into bus stop during police pursuit
Magdalena's story will form part of the political programme Europa Abierta - Open Europe - which will be shown on a regional Spanish television network.