Tower Hamlets College to feature in television programme
TELEVISION crews descended on Tower Hamlets College this week to capture a day in the life of one of its teachers. Magdalena Torres a Maths teacher at the college in Poplar was being filmed and interviewed on Monday as part of a TV documentary focussing
TELEVISION crews descended on Tower Hamlets College this week to capture a day in the life of one of its teachers.
Magdalena Torres a Maths teacher at the college in Poplar was being filmed and interviewed on Monday as part of a TV documentary focussing on Spanish citizens living abroad.
The crew began by filming the exterior of the college and the surrounding streets before heading to Canary Wharf to see the contrast between the areas.
They later filmed Magdalena in action in one of her classes and were given a guided tour of departments including Hair and Beauty, the Motor Vehicle Workshop and the Learning Resource Centre.
You may also want to watch:
Magdalena, who is originally from Andalusia said: "It was fun as a one-off and I think the crew were genuinely impressed by the practical nature of education in this country.
"Spanish schools and even some universities have nothing like the equipment available in our departments, so it was a real eye opener for them."
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 3 'Utterly horrific': Tower Hamlets MPs react to Sir David Amess stabbing
- 4 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 5 £18,000 awarded to Bethnal Green church to bring loo up to scratch
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 Lock-up garage space in Spitalfields used for social housing
- 8 Man, 19, charged after alleged sexual assaults in Tower Hamlets
- 9 Volunteers thanked for running East End food bank for 70 weeks
- 10 Volunteers patrol streets after Isle of Dogs fatal stabbing
Magdalena's story will form part of the political programme Europa Abierta - Open Europe - which will be shown on a regional Spanish television network.