Tower Hamlets council launches Olympic Operations Portal
WITH hundreds of thousands of people set to visit Tower Hamlets during the London Olympic Games in 2012, Tower Hamlets council has spearheaded the development of a information sharing tool to minimise the impact on East Enders.
The Olympic Operations Portal allows the council, the Police, NHS and Fire Brigade, to access important information concerning the Olympics.
Robin Beattie, Head of Strategy and Resources at Tower Hamlets Council, said: “While the Olympics still seems a long way off, the council is busy working with its partners to plan for the possible impacts that the Games may bring to the borough.
“We want to make sure that things run smoothly before, during and after the Games. This new piece of technology will assist cross agency working and will be an essential resource for organisations responsible for delivering a safe and secure Games.”
As well as being used to plan for the anticipated impacts, the Olympic Operations Portal will be used during the Games to information, allowing the council to make decisions based on the latest information.
You may also want to watch:
Superintendent Partnership at Tower Hamlets Police, Mark Wolski, said: “During the current economic climate it is important that organisations work together to share information and join up services where possible.
“The new shared tool will act to increase multiagency working between essential services to reduce duplication and costs and assist in identifying important information to help local communities during an unprecedented and very challenging period in 2012.”
- 1 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 4 Green light for £1m in levies to be used for East End fire rescue ladder
- 5 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 6 'Laughing gas central': Call for action on antisocial behaviour
- 7 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 Bethnal Green rubbish 'attracts rats' as 'pingdemic' delays collections
- 10 No arrests after triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs