Tower Hamlets council launches Olympic Operations Portal
WITH hundreds of thousands of people set to visit Tower Hamlets during the London Olympic Games in 2012, Tower Hamlets council has spearheaded the development of a information sharing tool to minimise the impact on East Enders.
The Olympic Operations Portal allows the council, the Police, NHS and Fire Brigade, to access important information concerning the Olympics.
Robin Beattie, Head of Strategy and Resources at Tower Hamlets Council, said: “While the Olympics still seems a long way off, the council is busy working with its partners to plan for the possible impacts that the Games may bring to the borough.
“We want to make sure that things run smoothly before, during and after the Games. This new piece of technology will assist cross agency working and will be an essential resource for organisations responsible for delivering a safe and secure Games.”
As well as being used to plan for the anticipated impacts, the Olympic Operations Portal will be used during the Games to information, allowing the council to make decisions based on the latest information.
Superintendent Partnership at Tower Hamlets Police, Mark Wolski, said: “During the current economic climate it is important that organisations work together to share information and join up services where possible.
“The new shared tool will act to increase multiagency working between essential services to reduce duplication and costs and assist in identifying important information to help local communities during an unprecedented and very challenging period in 2012.”
- 1 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 2 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 3 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 4 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 5 Come Dine With Me calls on east London restaurants for new show
- 6 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 7 One per cent council tax rise planned with borough set for balanced budget
- 8 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 9 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
- 10 Guilty: East London criminals jailed in December 2021