Tower Hamlets Council to help residents get into work
Tower Hamlets Council has held a careers fair as part of a major project to help people into work.
In association with national IT company Agilisys, a Knowledge Career Foundation Day took place on September 26, with another to follow on November 7.
Agilisys has committed to creating 250 jobs, providing 4,000 skills assessments, funding 1,050 people to gain qualifications, and running an apprenticeship programme for young people.
The initiative to help unemployed Tower Hamlets residents into work comes as part of a seven-year deal that will see Agilisys providing the Council’s IT services.
Cllrs Shafiqual Haque and Oliur Rahman showed their support for the programme by speaking to participants at the event.
You may also want to watch:
The next Knowledge Career Foundation Day will take place at the Skillsmatch offices in Heron Quays, E14 4JB.
Places are limited; to book call 020 7364 0626.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 9 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 10 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital