Tower Hamlets Council to help residents get into work
Tower Hamlets Council has held a careers fair as part of a major project to help people into work.
In association with national IT company Agilisys, a Knowledge Career Foundation Day took place on September 26, with another to follow on November 7.
Agilisys has committed to creating 250 jobs, providing 4,000 skills assessments, funding 1,050 people to gain qualifications, and running an apprenticeship programme for young people.
The initiative to help unemployed Tower Hamlets residents into work comes as part of a seven-year deal that will see Agilisys providing the Council’s IT services.
Cllrs Shafiqual Haque and Oliur Rahman showed their support for the programme by speaking to participants at the event.
You may also want to watch:
The next Knowledge Career Foundation Day will take place at the Skillsmatch offices in Heron Quays, E14 4JB.
Places are limited; to book call 020 7364 0626.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 8 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 9 O’s seeking to end winless run of three games with win over struggling Saddlers
- 10 'Utterly horrific': Tower Hamlets MPs react to Sir David Amess stabbing