Tower Hamlets Council to re-launch seven-day recycling bag collection service
- Credit: Archant
Tower Hamlets Council will re-launch a seven-day recycling bag collection service in several locations across the borough.
From Monday, residents can collect recycling bags from Ideas Stores at Chrisp Street, Watney Road Market, Whitechapel, Bow, Canary Wharf, Bethnal Green Library and Cubitt Town Library, during opening hours.
A roll of recycling bags will be given to a resident once they have shown proof of their address.
According to the council an extension of the service from two to seven days is expected to benefit tens of thousands of residents.
Cllr Rachel Blake, cabinet member for strategic development and waste, said: “It’s a New Year and we hope to see everyone recycling even more than last year.
You may also want to watch:
“The seven days a week service will make it easier for people to pick up bags at a convenient time and location for them, and we will continue to work with housing associations and managing agents.”
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family