Tower Hamlets doctor picked for ‘women of the year’ lunch
- Credit: Archant
A consultant gynaecologist has been picked to join a celebration of ‘Women of the Year’ being held next week.
Dr Geetha Nagasubramanian, a Tower Hamlets community consultant gynaecologist with Barts Health NHS Trust, was invited to a swanky Park Lane lunch in recognition of her contribution to society.
In her 27 years in the job, she has headed sexual health and contraception services in the borough, making significant changes to the way they are delivered in order to reflect the diverse population they serve.
She helped reduce teenage pregnancy rates in Tower Hamlets by 50 per cent in a 10 year period – the fastest reduction seen in any London borough – and was awarded an MBE last year.
“I feel extremely honoured to have been invited to this prestigious gathering of some of the most inspiring role models in the country,” said Dr Nagasubramanian.
You may also want to watch:
“Getting to know the achievements of some of them, I feel humbled and at the same time get the inspiration and motivation to set more goals and work harder.”
The lunch will be held at the InterContinental London Park Lane hotel on October 14.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 3 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 4 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 10 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19