London Marathon: Bow doctor takes on challege for the London Air Ambulance charity
- Credit: Archant
A doctor living in Bow will be swapping his stethoscope for a pair of running shoes by taking part in the London Marathon tomorrow.
Jan Trojanowski hopes to raise much needed funds for the London Air Ambulance where he has been working for the last six months.
The charity, which is based at The Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, provides vital life-saving treatment across the capital.
Jan, who is originally from Vancouver in Canada, said: “I wanted to do something to raise the profile of the charity.
“Since I’m not much good at shaking hands and making speeches, I thought I’d go to one of my relative strengths which is running around at a decent pace.
You may also want to watch:
“The work that London’s Air Ambulance Charity does on an everyday basis is important to the people of London and all who visit it. “To help support that, in this small way, was important for me to do.”
Louise Robertshaw, the charity’s director of fundraising and marketing, said: “We’re excited to see all of our marathon participants take on tomorrow’s race, and are really looking forward to seeing one of our own take on the challenge for our charity and cross the finish line.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 4 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 7 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 8 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 9 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 10 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
“We’ll be backing Jan every step of the way, along with all of those other superstars completing the race.”