Tower Hamlets football teams urged to sign up for Mayor’s Cup tournament
- Credit: Rehan Jamil
The mayor of Tower Hamlets is urging football teams to sign up for his annual tournament.
John Biggs is supporting the Mayor’s Cup 2018, which will be played in Victoria Park and Mile End Stadium.
There are mixed competitions for under 13s, 14s and 16s, as well as both male and female adult tournaments.
Applications for the youth competitions will be accepted from teams based in neighbouring boroughs, although priority will be given to local teams.
Mr Biggs said: “Tower Hamlets has a long and diverse footballing history and the Mayor’s Cup is a great opportunity to bring people of all ages and backgrounds together to support grass roots football.
You may also want to watch:
“It encourages young people to take part in active and healthy competition and I am delighted to support the cup again this year.”
Go to towerhamlets.gov.uk/mayorscup2018 to register before Monday, August 20. The competition will be held in September.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 6 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom