Tower Hamlets Homes pays for street parties for Queen’s Jubilee
Families and community groups from 27 housing estates and neighbourhoods in London’s East End are staging 21 events as part of the Jubilee celebrations this weekend.
The events paid for by Tower Hamlets Homes which runs the estates include street parties, picnics, fancy dress competitions, bouncy castles and a five-a-side football tournament.
First to kick off is a street party tomorrow (Friday) on the St Vincent’s Estate from 3.30 to 5.30pm, which is the start of a week of festivities across the East End.
Saturday: Chicksand Ghat football tournament and barbecue, 11am-3pm, West India Building street party 3-5pm, John Fisher St street party 12-4pm, The Green, Fern St street party 1-4pm, Jubilee St street party 12-4pm, Canal Club community centre fun day, 2-6pm, Fraserburgh House street party, 12.30-5.30pm.
Sunday: The Glass House Fun Day, 1-7pm, Old Ford Rd picnic, 1-5pm, Will Crooks Estate street party, 2-4pm, Barley Mow community hall, Brewster House, street party 2-9pm, Avis Sq street party, 4-8pm.
You may also want to watch:
Bank Holiday Monday: Cottage St street party, 2-4pm.
Tuesday: Ravenscroft Park picnic, 2-6pm, Malmesbury community centre fun day, 4-6pm.
- 1 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 2 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 3 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 4 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 5 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 6 Report reveals scale of support offered by council during Covid crisis
- 7 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 10 Stolen bikes being recycled in Mile End by police
Thursday June 7: Emmot Close Pensioners Club street party, 1-5pm
Sunday June 10: Kedleston Walk community centre fun day, 2-6pm
Friday June 15: Cranbrook community centre picnic, 12-4pm