Opinion: Delighted with milestone in children’s services provision
- Credit: Archant
I’m delighted that Tower Hamlets children’s services have recently been rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted.
We've turned things around just two years on from when the council received an 'inadequate' rating and the inspectors noted the 'remarkable progress' achieved since their previous inspection.
When I became mayor the council was rebuilding itself after the government had to send in commissioners following the removal of the previous mayor in 2015.
The problems we inherited in children's services were symptomatic of the issues we had to sort out throughout the council.
It has been a tough journey and it's a credit to the staff and our partners who have been relentless in their focus to turn the service around.
You may also want to watch:
It means that our most vulnerable children and families are being given the best start in life in Tower Hamlets.
We remain committed to continuing the journey of improvement across the council.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
This latest milestone highlights what we can achieve as a borough.