Tower Hamlets opens its doors this weekend
by Gemma Collins SOME of the East End s most iconic buildings will be opening their doors to the public this weekend for Open House London. Residents can visit 27 buildings
SOME of the East End's most iconic buildings will be opening their doors to the public this weekend for Open House London.
Residents can visit 27 buildings free of charge in Tower Hamlets on Saturday and Sunday, ranging from churches and community centres to schools and museums, as part of the capital's biggest architectural festival.
The Victorian George Green Building in East India Dock Road in Poplar which is home to the National Skills Academy for Financial Services will be open from 1pm-5pm, with architects Tooley & Foster Partnership giving tours.
St George's German Lutheran Church, in Alie Street in Aldgate will be welcoming visitors from 10am and St Mary's, Bow Church will be also be opening its doors with an exhibition of the 700-year history of the building.
You may also want to watch:
Also open will be Christ Church Spitafields, Hermitage Community Moorings, Kingsley Hall, Museum of London Docklands, One Bishops Square, the Tower of London, Spitafields Charnel House, Thames River Police and The Rich Mix.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green