Tower Hamlets opens its doors this weekend
by Gemma Collins SOME of the East End s most iconic buildings will be opening their doors to the public this weekend for Open House London. Residents can visit 27 buildings
SOME of the East End's most iconic buildings will be opening their doors to the public this weekend for Open House London.
Residents can visit 27 buildings free of charge in Tower Hamlets on Saturday and Sunday, ranging from churches and community centres to schools and museums, as part of the capital's biggest architectural festival.
The Victorian George Green Building in East India Dock Road in Poplar which is home to the National Skills Academy for Financial Services will be open from 1pm-5pm, with architects Tooley & Foster Partnership giving tours.
St George's German Lutheran Church, in Alie Street in Aldgate will be welcoming visitors from 10am and St Mary's, Bow Church will be also be opening its doors with an exhibition of the 700-year history of the building.
You may also want to watch:
Also open will be Christ Church Spitafields, Hermitage Community Moorings, Kingsley Hall, Museum of London Docklands, One Bishops Square, the Tower of London, Spitafields Charnel House, Thames River Police and The Rich Mix.
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 4 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 5 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 6 Hundreds of boilers break down in the East End during pandemic
- 7 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 8 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 9 Fast broadband deal is signed for thousands of East End homes
- 10 England captain Harry Kane renews his shirt sponsorship with Leyton Orient