Tower Hamlets opens its doors this weekend
by Gemma Collins SOME of the East End s most iconic buildings will be opening their doors to the public this weekend for Open House London. Residents can visit 27 buildings
SOME of the East End's most iconic buildings will be opening their doors to the public this weekend for Open House London.
Residents can visit 27 buildings free of charge in Tower Hamlets on Saturday and Sunday, ranging from churches and community centres to schools and museums, as part of the capital's biggest architectural festival.
The Victorian George Green Building in East India Dock Road in Poplar which is home to the National Skills Academy for Financial Services will be open from 1pm-5pm, with architects Tooley & Foster Partnership giving tours.
St George's German Lutheran Church, in Alie Street in Aldgate will be welcoming visitors from 10am and St Mary's, Bow Church will be also be opening its doors with an exhibition of the 700-year history of the building.
You may also want to watch:
Also open will be Christ Church Spitafields, Hermitage Community Moorings, Kingsley Hall, Museum of London Docklands, One Bishops Square, the Tower of London, Spitafields Charnel House, Thames River Police and The Rich Mix.
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 4 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 5 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 6 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 7 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 8 Councillor ex-husband of MP Apsana Begum suspended from Labour Party
- 9 Truman's Brewery future being debated at Tower Hamlets Council
- 10 Call to remain vigilant after gay man killed in park in Mile End