Tower Hamlets patients get GP care seven days a week
PATIENTS living in the north east of Tower Hamlets can now see a GP in the evenings and at the weekends at a new walk-in centre. In what has been branded as the future of healthcare in Tower Hamlets, St Andrew s Health Centre opened today in Devons Ro
PATIENTS living in the north east of Tower Hamlets can now see a GP in the evenings and at the weekends at a new walk-in centre.
In what has been branded as the "future" of healthcare in Tower Hamlets, St Andrew's Health Centre opened today in Devons Road for any patient in the borough wanting a doctor's appointment between 8am and 8pm, seven days a week.
The surgery, which is also open to 2,0000 registered patients, is one of only three walk-in-centres in Tower Hamlets, including the Barkantine on the Isle of Dogs and the Whitechapel Walk-in-Centre next-door to the Royal London Hospital.
And GP Sam Everington says he expects to see around 40 patients come through its doors each day and even more during the 2012 Olympics because of the centre's prime position.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "Any patient can see a GP here. They can either just walk in or ring or come in via the NHS out-of-hours service.
"It takes a huge pressure away from hospitals and helps patients who are working during the day.
- 1 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 2 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 3 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 8 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 9 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
"And all the patients' information will be sent back to their own GP within 24 hours".
The centre, previously known as Devons Road Surgery which was based around the corner, was recently taken over by a team of GPs from nearby Bromley-By-Bow Health Centre after Dr Vijay Nishal retired.
And today NHS Tower Hamlets re-opened the centre under its new name at the Poplar Harca-owned Birchdown House.