Tower Hamlets pensioners given help with their retirement
HELP is at hand for retiring residents of Tower Hamlets after the council was chosen as the first to try out a new retirement programme. The Retire Ready Programme will be run by Tower Hamlets council with the aim of helping residents plan and prepare f
HELP is at hand for retiring residents of Tower Hamlets after the council was chosen as the first to try out a new retirement programme.
The Retire Ready Programme will be run by Tower Hamlets council with the aim of helping residents plan and prepare for their retirement.
Barbara Disney, Commissioning Manager for older people, hopes the programme will ease residents' fears over their next step after retirement.
Four different programmes will be run throughout June and July, each with a two-day workshop and one to one support for residents.
You may also want to watch:
Activities on offer to residents in Tower Hamlets once they retire include volunteering, further education, part-time works and leisure pursuits.
To enrol on a Retire Ready programme, for free, call 020 3093 7539 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning