Tower Hamlets police make cancer sufferer’s dreams comes true
- Credit: Archant
A five-year-old leukaemia sufferer had his greatest wish granted to be a policeman for the day.
Jayden Thirunavukkarasu, who lives in East Ham, enjoyed a day of crime-fighting and his own uniform as part of his special police investigation organised by the Metropolitan Police and Rays of Sunshine Children’s Charity on Friday.
The budding officer was collected by a police car before starting his day working with officers in Tower Hamlets, solving the mystery of the crown jewels disappearance.
He also jetted off along the Thames in a Metropolitan Police boat.
It didn’t stop there for young PC Jayden, as he also spent time flying with the London Fire Brigade, working with police dogs and even ensured justice prevailed by providing evidence at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
You may also want to watch:
Jane Sharpe, of Rays of Sunshine, said: “Everyone has gone over and above the call of duty to make Jayden’s day an experience that he will most definitely never forget.
“Jayden wants to be a policeman or fireman when he grows up because “He believes he will be able to rescue people and fight the baddies”. Rays of Sunshine’s wishes are as diverse as the children themselves.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 9 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
“Jayden’s wish has clearly come from his own imagination and seeing it brought to life like this truly demonstrates the true spirit of the people of London.”