Tower Hamlets police sting burglars with Operation Bumblebee
COPS are cracking down on burglars with ten extra officers taking to the streets of the East End. As part of Operation Bumblebee, a team of ten constables from Tower Hamlets police will be patrolling the areas identified as burglary hot-spots. Accordi
COPS are cracking down on burglars with ten extra officers taking to the streets of the East End.
As part of Operation Bumblebee, a team of ten constables from Tower Hamlets police will be patrolling the areas identified as burglary hot-spots.
According to police, burglaries in Tower Hamlets homes dropped by 31 per cent last year which marked the highest fall in London.
And despite a 10 per cent rise in thefts in the capital so far this year, Tower Hamlets has seen a nine per cent drop.
You may also want to watch:
But the new team will be focusing on tackling `artifice' burglaries, where criminals impersonate electricians or plumbers so residents allow them into their homes.
The thieves are then escaping with thousands of pounds of pensioners' savings.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 3 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 4 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 7 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 8 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
Police are urging residents who may be in doubt to call 999 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 before they allow anyone into their home.