Tower Hamlets police sting burglars with Operation Bumblebee
COPS are cracking down on burglars with ten extra officers taking to the streets of the East End. As part of Operation Bumblebee, a team of ten constables from Tower Hamlets police will be patrolling the areas identified as burglary hot-spots. Accordi
COPS are cracking down on burglars with ten extra officers taking to the streets of the East End.
As part of Operation Bumblebee, a team of ten constables from Tower Hamlets police will be patrolling the areas identified as burglary hot-spots.
According to police, burglaries in Tower Hamlets homes dropped by 31 per cent last year which marked the highest fall in London.
And despite a 10 per cent rise in thefts in the capital so far this year, Tower Hamlets has seen a nine per cent drop.
You may also want to watch:
But the new team will be focusing on tackling `artifice' burglaries, where criminals impersonate electricians or plumbers so residents allow them into their homes.
The thieves are then escaping with thousands of pounds of pensioners' savings.
- 1 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 2 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 3 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 4 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 5 Covid patients in intensive care down to single figures at hospital trust
- 6 Fast broadband deal is signed for thousands of East End homes
- 7 Voting in the Isle of Dogs Neighbourhood Planning Referendum
- 8 Ramadan explained: Everything you need to know about the Islamic holy month
- 9 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 10 Bronze Age hoard to go on show after 3,000 years and an extra year's delay
Police are urging residents who may be in doubt to call 999 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 before they allow anyone into their home.