GCSE Results Day 2018: Tower Hamlets pupils receive exam marks today
- Credit: Archant
Pupils across Tower Hamlets receive their GCSE results today.
More than half a million teenagers across the country will open their long-awaited results, which this year feature numerical marks for most subjects.
Doing away the A* to G alphabetical grade scale, Year 11s in England are marked according to a nine-point numerical system; ranging from top grade 9 to 1 at the bottom.
Advocates say the system makes it tougher to achieve an A* or equivalent.
On the numerical scale, an A grade is roughly equivalent to the bottom of a grade 7; a C grade the bottom of grade 4; and a G the bottom of grade 1.
You may also want to watch:
The 1 to 9 scale will be used for more than 20 subjects following its trial for maths, English language and English literature results last summer.
Follow the Advertiser and our social media accounts for updates throughout the day.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided