Tower Hamlets Remembrance Day 2013: list of services across the borough
- Credit: Archant
A number of services are being held in Tower Hamlets on Remembrance Sunday to remember those who have died in conflict. Read on for more details of what will be happening.
? Trinity Square, Tower Hill. Cadet detachment and Royal Navy and Guard of Honour march at 10.45am into the sunken gardens. Ceremony at 10.55am with wreath-laying and two minutes silence at 11am.
? Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park’s war memorial, near Southern Grove main gate. Service at 10.45am and ceremony at 10.55am.
? St George in the East church, Cannon Street Road, Shadwell, Service at 10.15am then ceremony at memorial in church gardens.
? St Anne’s Church, Limehouse, Three Colt Street, Limehouse, Service at 10.30am, followed at 11am by war memorial wreath laying with officers and crew from HMS Tyne, minesweeper arriving on a visit to London.
You may also want to watch:
? HMS Belfast moored by Tower Bridge. Service aboard ship at 10.30am – naval attachés from Commonwealth high commissions and foreign embassies are present, with Sea Cadets from HMS President, based near Wapping.
? St John on Bethnal Green Church, 200 Cambridge Heath Road. Mass at 10am, followed at 10.50am by procession to Bethnal Green Gardens war memorial for wreath-laying and two minutes silence at 11am.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests