Tower Hamlets school filmed for BBC Sport Relief programme this weekend
Film crews captured students raising money for one of the country’s biggest fundraising events aired on TV.
The BBC were at Bishop Challoner Catholic Collegiate School in Shadwell last Friday to film students for their Sport Relief programme this weekend.
They filmed students taking part in events such jumping challenges and horizontal table tennis. So far the school has raised over �600 for Sport Relief.
Head of the Boys’ school sport and PE, Stuart Brown, said: “It was a tremendous effort, made the more exciting with the BBC team around.”
Bishop Challoner currently has 11 boys at the Academies of professional football clubs in and around London.
You may also want to watch:
Former student Perri Shakes-Drayton is one of Britain’s major track medal hopes at this summer’s London Olympics.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 5 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 How seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals
- 10 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage