Tower Hamlets school praised for improving
AN EAST End school, warned 18 months ago it must improve or will be shut down, has been praised for being satisfactory by education inspectors. In the latest Ofsted report, Bethnal Green Technology College was commended for continuing to improve and
AN EAST End school, warned 18 months ago it must improve or will be shut down, has been praised for being 'satisfactory' by education inspectors.
In the latest Ofsted report, Bethnal Green Technology College was commended for "continuing to improve" and successfully eradicating its "weak" teaching and low attendance rates.
The school in Gosset Street was one of 600 schools on a government hit list in June 2008, earmarked for closure unless it could ensure at least 30 per cent of pupils get at least five good GCSEs including English and Maths by 2011.
But last year's GCSE results managed to pull the school up and following December's Ofsted inspection, it has been given a 'satisfactory' rating.
You may also want to watch:
In the Ofsted report inspector Tom Gibson said: "The school has a good capacity to improve further.
- 1 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 2 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 5 Leyton Orient agree new deal with defender Dan Happe
- 6 Travel: Roadworks at Shoreditch and Bishopsgate could slow traffic
- 7 Former Leyton Orient striker Lee Angol joins Bradford City
- 8 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 9 Fear of crime stalked households during Covid lockdown
- 10 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family