Tower Hamlets slimming guru meets reality star Mark Wright
The only way was star-struck for a weight-loss guru who met reality TV star Mark Wright at a swanky awards ceremony.
Hannah Jeeves, who runs weekly Slimming World groups in Tower Hamlets and Newham, was at the organisation’s annual bash in Birmingham recently to celebrate the year’s most successful dieters.
Mark Wright, who shot to fame on ITV’s The Only Way is Essex and now presents Take Me Out: The Gossip, hosted the ceremony.
He said: “I was absolutely blown away by the people who joined us on stage. I couldn’t believe how much weight they’d lost and what a difference it had made to their lives – they were like completely different people.”
Hannah, who runs groups at East Ham’s St Bartholomew’s Church in Barking Road every Tuesday, and at Oxford House in Derbyshire Street in Bethnal Green every Wednesday, was thrilled to get the chance to pose for a photo with Mark.
You may also want to watch:
She said meeting the star was the perfect way to end 2012, and added: “At this time of year lots of people will be making New Year’s resolutions and pledging to lose weight, and we’d love anyone who wants to make a change to come along and join us.”
To find out more about local Slimming World groups, call Hannah on 07963 876299 or visit www.slimmingworld.com.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 Man found stabbed on board night bus