Tower Hamlets students get A-level results
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Students across Tower Hamlets are collecting their A-level results this morning.
They join about 300,000 sixth formers across England, Wales and Northern Ireland eagerly awaiting their grades which, for many, will determine if they have got into the universities of their choice.
While many students will be celebrating today, for others the day will bring dismay at missing out on the grades they needed for a much-wanted degree or training course.
But sixth-formers who find themselves in the second category are advised to look at alternative courses as soon as possible.
Would-be university students can log into the Track service on the UCAS website this morning to see if they have secured their degree place, or if they are eligible to enter clearing.
You may also want to watch:
The Exam Results Helpline will be open via phone, on 0808 100 8000 or Facebook and Twitter to offer advice and tips to students whether their grades are higher or lower than expected.
Advisors will be on hand to talk through all the options, including re-sits, vocational courses, gap years, funding, careers and employment. Live coverage will be on the Gazette website all day.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel