Tower Hamlets students given a vision of their future by KPMG
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from school in Tower Hamlets, chosen for their potential as university candidates, have taken part in interactive sessions aimed at getting them to think about their future.
The year nine students from Sir John Cass Foundation & Red Coat school, Stepney Way, were invited to the offices of financial services group KPMG, in Canary Wharf, to take part in Aim2Attain, a scheme delivered by the Tower Hamlets Education Business Partnership charity.
Mark Rogers, teacher at Sir John Cass, said: “It exposes the students to professional, informed and talented adults who are not their parents or their teachers.
“It also gives them genuine team working and opportunities to be creative.
“It is meant to be a reward for them but it is also about raising their motivation and aspirations.”
The students rated a series of jobs, hobbies and leisure activities to see what careers they may be suited to, matched job descriptions to career profiles and quizzed staff from KPMG in a three minute chat show on their career path.
Student Yusuf Ali, 13, said: “I really enjoyed it.
- 1 Investigation under way after fire and explosion at Shoreditch block
- 2 Canary Wharf Underground station stabbing leaves man in hospital
- 3 Teenager, 17, arrested after car crashes into Bow apartment building
- 4 'Ruthless' killer sentenced for Isle of Dogs murder
- 5 Leyton Orient claim second successive League Two win at Crawley
- 6 Ongoing gas leak after fire and explosion in Shoreditch
- 7 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 8 Man reportedly 'chased by moped rider with large knife' in Poplar
- 9 Euro 2022 star's boots to go on show at Tower of London
- 10 Moncur: Leyton Orient is one of best changing rooms I've been in
“I knew before I came that I want to be an accountant and now I really know I want to be one.”
Volunteer Malcolm Footer said: “It’s a really good programme and I’m happy to come along and help them understand some of the opportunities that are out there.
“If you want to join a firm like this, work hard to get your qualifications, then there are more opportunities than you can imagine.”