Tower Hamlets students given a vision of their future by KPMG
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from school in Tower Hamlets, chosen for their potential as university candidates, have taken part in interactive sessions aimed at getting them to think about their future.
The year nine students from Sir John Cass Foundation & Red Coat school, Stepney Way, were invited to the offices of financial services group KPMG, in Canary Wharf, to take part in Aim2Attain, a scheme delivered by the Tower Hamlets Education Business Partnership charity.
Mark Rogers, teacher at Sir John Cass, said: “It exposes the students to professional, informed and talented adults who are not their parents or their teachers.
“It also gives them genuine team working and opportunities to be creative.
“It is meant to be a reward for them but it is also about raising their motivation and aspirations.”
You may also want to watch:
The students rated a series of jobs, hobbies and leisure activities to see what careers they may be suited to, matched job descriptions to career profiles and quizzed staff from KPMG in a three minute chat show on their career path.
Student Yusuf Ali, 13, said: “I really enjoyed it.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 3 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 4 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 10 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
“I knew before I came that I want to be an accountant and now I really know I want to be one.”
Volunteer Malcolm Footer said: “It’s a really good programme and I’m happy to come along and help them understand some of the opportunities that are out there.
“If you want to join a firm like this, work hard to get your qualifications, then there are more opportunities than you can imagine.”