Tower Hamlets to get hundreds of new homes on former Goodman's Fields
A MAJOR redevelopment of the former Goodman s Fields to include more than 700 new homes, a hotel and student accommodation has been given the go-ahead. Developers have been fighting for nearly two years for planning permission to transform the site whic
A MAJOR redevelopment of the former Goodman's Fields to include more than 700 new homes, a hotel and student accommodation has been given the go-ahead.
Developers have been fighting for nearly two years for planning permission to transform the site which stretches from Alie Street, Leman Street to Gower's Walk in Whitechapel.
And the applicant, Mourant Property Trustees LTD, finally won Tower Hamlets council's approval at last month's Strategic Development Committee meeting to demolish the former Royal Bank of Scotland buildings and start working on redeveloping the site.
The scheme includes 754 new residential units, 252 of which will be affordable homes, a 351-bedroom hotel and rooms for 650 students.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a health centre, public open space and extra car parking.
- 1 Leyton Orient reportedly down to final three candidates
- 2 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 3 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 4 Spitalfields banner unfurled to express solidarity with Palestine
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 7 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 8 Bethnal Green martial arts gym launches fundraiser to expand outreach
- 9 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 10 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs