Tower Hamlets to get hundreds of new homes on former Goodman's Fields
A MAJOR redevelopment of the former Goodman s Fields to include more than 700 new homes, a hotel and student accommodation has been given the go-ahead. Developers have been fighting for nearly two years for planning permission to transform the site whic
A MAJOR redevelopment of the former Goodman's Fields to include more than 700 new homes, a hotel and student accommodation has been given the go-ahead.
Developers have been fighting for nearly two years for planning permission to transform the site which stretches from Alie Street, Leman Street to Gower's Walk in Whitechapel.
And the applicant, Mourant Property Trustees LTD, finally won Tower Hamlets council's approval at last month's Strategic Development Committee meeting to demolish the former Royal Bank of Scotland buildings and start working on redeveloping the site.
The scheme includes 754 new residential units, 252 of which will be affordable homes, a 351-bedroom hotel and rooms for 650 students.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a health centre, public open space and extra car parking.
- 1 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 10 'Set deadline to remove cladding,' Tower Hamlets mayor urges