Tower Hamlets to get hundreds of new homes on former Goodman's Fields
A MAJOR redevelopment of the former Goodman s Fields to include more than 700 new homes, a hotel and student accommodation has been given the go-ahead. Developers have been fighting for nearly two years for planning permission to transform the site whic
A MAJOR redevelopment of the former Goodman's Fields to include more than 700 new homes, a hotel and student accommodation has been given the go-ahead.
Developers have been fighting for nearly two years for planning permission to transform the site which stretches from Alie Street, Leman Street to Gower's Walk in Whitechapel.
And the applicant, Mourant Property Trustees LTD, finally won Tower Hamlets council's approval at last month's Strategic Development Committee meeting to demolish the former Royal Bank of Scotland buildings and start working on redeveloping the site.
The scheme includes 754 new residential units, 252 of which will be affordable homes, a 351-bedroom hotel and rooms for 650 students.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a health centre, public open space and extra car parking.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week