Tower Hamlets to host Bangladesh 2012 Olympic team
THE Bangladesh 2012 Olympics team is setting up its base in the heart of London’s Bengali community. Tower Hamlets, one of the five host boroughs, has reached a deal with the Bangladeshi team to base their pre-Games training camp in the East End
THE Bangladesh 2012 Olympics team is setting up its base in the heart of London’s Bengali community.
Tower Hamlets, one of the five host boroughs for the 2012 Games, has reached a deal with the Bangladeshi team to base their pre-Games training camp in the East End.
Bangladesh Olympic officials toured the East End and have given the thumbs up to the facilities they’ve been offered by Tower Hamlets Council.
It follows collaboration between the council, Canary Wharf Group, NHS Tower Hamlets and Queen Mary university college in Mile End.
You may also want to watch:
A statement of intent’ to use Tower Hamlets as its training centre in the build up to the 2012 Games has been signed by the Bangladesh Olympics chief and the council’s cabinet member for sport and culture Rofique Ahmed.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 6 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 7 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 8 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Hunt for bogus health worker who gave fake Covid jab to woman of 92