Tower Hamlets volunteers needed for Tesco Christmas food collection
- Credit: Ben Stevens/i-Images
Volunteers in Tower Hamlets are needed for a nationwide food collection to help people in need this Christmas.
Food charities FareShare and The Trussell Trust are looking for members of the public to run donation points and hand out leaflets to supermarket customers.
The collection runs “at larger Tesco stores” from Thursday, November 30 to Saturday, December 2.
“Volunteers collect an average of 600 meals per shift, so we really can’t overestimate how important their contribution is,” said FareShare CEO Lindsay Boswell.
The supermarket giant says it will top up customer donations by 20 per cent to support the charities.
You may also want to watch:
More than three million meals were collected in last year’s appeal, Tesco says.
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 4 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 5 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 6 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
- 7 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 8 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 9 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 10 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'