Tower Hamlets volunteers needed for Tesco Christmas food collection
- Credit: Ben Stevens/i-Images
Volunteers in Tower Hamlets are needed for a nationwide food collection to help people in need this Christmas.
Food charities FareShare and The Trussell Trust are looking for members of the public to run donation points and hand out leaflets to supermarket customers.
The collection runs “at larger Tesco stores” from Thursday, November 30 to Saturday, December 2.
“Volunteers collect an average of 600 meals per shift, so we really can’t overestimate how important their contribution is,” said FareShare CEO Lindsay Boswell.
The supermarket giant says it will top up customer donations by 20 per cent to support the charities.
You may also want to watch:
More than three million meals were collected in last year’s appeal, Tesco says.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family