Tower Hamlets won’t host Olympics marathon—just the traffic chaos
Dear Ed... Residents are now able to apply for the Olympics tickets that Tower Hamlets council had bought from the Games organisers with taxpayers’ money, according to the Advertiser’s online article yesterday.
It would be interesting to know whether the tickets are distributed fairly and to whom.
Tower Hamlets as a 2012 ‘host’ borough will not be hosting any real Games or the Olympics Marathon which Lord Coe’s organising committee switched to the West End, perhaps because they didn’t want to show our deprived East End or ethnic minorities, as some might argue, live on world television.
But Tower Hamlets will definitely host a couple of things for certain, such as chaotic traffic congestion and continued incompetence by the council in getting the best deal for its residents—apart from allowing the US team to train in Mile End while local people are watched closely and suspected by their security personnel.
You may also want to watch:
Former Olympic Ambassador for Tower Hamlets
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
(full address supplied)