Tower of London to host half term knight school
- Credit: Tom Wren/SWNS/Tower of London
Take up arms and defend a famous fortress this February half term.
The Tower of London is enrolling young history lovers into Knight School throughout the holiday, offering families the chance to travel back to the Middle Ages.
Squires will teach trainees swordsmanship and chivalric duties, with medieval pages putting them through their paces in lessons on dancing and entertaining lords and ladies.
Kids can even have a go at making and decorating their own helmets and shields, as well as trying on some medieval fashions of the day.
Knight School runs in the shadow of the White Tower on February 10 to 18.
You may also want to watch:
Activities take place daily between 11am and 3.30pm, with a map available to visitors showing relevant times and locations.
Knight School is included with a general admission ticket.
For more information, click here.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family